10/16/09

"Fact" or "Fiction"??

If the story is "real," if the characters are (or were) living, breathing people and the author makes no attempt whatsoever to disguise them, and if the recorded events really did take place and the author has remained 'true to the "facts" ' in his or her representation of these events, then I suppose the resulting work would constitute "non-fiction"; however, I have very serious doubts as to whether such a thing even exists. "Non-fiction," in my opinion, is a figment of the imagination . . .
(literally).

2 comments:

  1. You've made me have a good think on it... Can't it be non-fiction AND a figment of the imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, at least I think so. ( ' "Non-fiction," in my opinion, is a figment of the imagination . . .')

    ReplyDelete